Mmmm.. gluten free cheesy macaroni! This is one of those one pot meals. Perfect for a family dinner, or for lunch for the next day. E was literally ohhiingg & ahhinnng while you scarfed down his bowl. If it’s truly E approved, you can bet it’s delicious!
Mmmmmm, cheesy goodness!
- 1 C gluten free macaroni
- 2 medium sweet bell peppers, juliened
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 chicken breast
- 2/3 C cheddar cheese
- 5 t. gluten free flour (I used this flour blend)
- 3/4 C coconut milk (I used the full fat canned variety)
- 1/2 C almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 t. dry mustard
- 1 t. paprika
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- In the last three minutes of cooking time, add in chopped broccoli florets.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and broccoli and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, over medium heat cook chicken until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board, let cool and proceed to shred with a fork.
- In the same pan, add the bell pepper and saute until tender.
- Transfer cooked bell pepper to the bowl. Mix together, broccoli, macaroni, chicken and peppers together.
- In a small dish, combine 1/4 C coconut milk with flour. Mix until creamy.
- Meanwhile, heat remainder of the milk in a sauce pan, until steamy.
- Next, add the flour mixture to the steaming milk. Whisk until it comes to a boil and thickens. This should take 2-4 minutes.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in cheese, paprika, dry mustard and sea salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce over the macaroni, chicken and vegetables and stir until even coated.
- Serve topped with grated Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!