Before I went paleo, my kitchen saw lots and lots of this, and E and I ate lots and lots of this. The ingredient list is long, however, the end product is something divine. One of my favourites FOR SURE! My friends have heard a great deal about this granola, and the recipe has been shared
multiple tonnes of times! So, I present to you: Quinoa Granola!
- 1 cup whole rolled oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- 1 cup buckwheat (I used groats)
- 1/3 cup quinoa (uncooked, but soaked if you wish)
- 2 T chia seeds
- 3/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/4 raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (you can sub EVOO, but it won’t be as delicious!)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients, along with the nuts, seeds and coconut.
- Mix well; add the melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix well again.
- Spread on a parchment lined baking sheet (or 2); bake for 60 minutes
- Let cool; crumble and store in a tightly sealed container.
Oh yeah, and ENJOY! It really is out of this world.