The grocery store treated E and I to a surprise… $9 racks of ribs! I was salivating the moment I spotted the bargain. E and I picked up two, and on the drive home I thinking about what wanted to do with them. I hunted on google for the perfect ribs and decided I was going to go for a dry rub, only to realize I didn’t have any dry mustard! what no dry mustard? So on to create the perfect marinate I did!
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T Paprika
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 T dried basil
- 3 T yellow mustard
- black pepper, to taste
- Remove the pleura from the backside of the ribs (the thin silvery film coating the rib bones); trim any visible fat.
- Preheat the oven to 200F.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl; the consistency will be a thick paste. Thoroughly coat the ribs. Save the left over marinade.
- Wrap the ribs in tinfoil, making sure to seal tightly to keep all the juices inside. Let them sit on the counter for 30 minutes.
- Pop the ribs in the oven and let them cook for 4 hours.
- Remove them from the oven and preheat a non-stick skillet on medium. Unwrap the ribs and bast them again with the left over marinade. Grill them for a few minutes on each side & serve.
I hope you enjoy as much as E and I did!