E is a tomato soup lover, and I.. well I wish I could say the same! I’ve always wanted to like tomato soup but despite my efforts never succeeded… until I made this batch that is! This soup is yummy and creamy, all while being dairy free! Who woulda thunk? I adapted the recipe from Everyday Paleo! Here’s what I did:
- 1 T coconut oil (or EVOO)
- 3 t. garlic, minced
- 2 large cans of diced tomatoes (I used Aylmer- no salted added & Italian spiced)
- 1 can coconut milk (or heavy cream for non paleo’rs!)
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. dried thyme
- On medium heat, saute the garlic and coconut oil for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor (I used my Vitamix) blend together the tomatoes and garlic until smooth.
- Once blended, pour the mixture back into the soup pot.
- Add the coconut milk and spices; bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes & serve!