We’ve always got homemade pizza dough stashed away somewhere in our freezer. Since going paleo, I no longer indulge but E does! I’ve got a favourite pizza dough recipe, but its got a mile long list of ingredients and requires a generous amount of time to prep with all the rising and kneading it requires. And, considering most of us just don’t have that kind of time, it doesn’t always cut it. So, on the hunt I went for a simple wholewheat pizza dough recipe. The ingredient list had to be short and simple. It had to be 100% whole wheat. None of that white stuff. And, it had to freeze well.
Thank you Google, you make me oh so proud.
Through my searching I came across the idea of beer pizza dough. I know right! With beer and pizza in the same sentence, it had to be good. Not only
was is it awesome, but what I came up with has 3 ingredients and only takes 25 minutes to bake until complete. Amen to that!
- 3 cups flour + extra for rolling; your pizza, your choice (I used Wholewheat)
- 1 can or bottle of beer
- 1 t. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Combine ingredients together
- Cut dough into desired number of pizzas (I cut the dough into quarters and freeze the portions I’m not using)
- Flour a flat surface; roll your the dough out
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once done baking, top your pizza with what ever you desire. (I used the left over homemade tomato sauce from our meatloaf last week!)
- Bake again in the oven for 10 minutes
- EAT THAT STUFF UP!