If I could label E a food, it would be a sweet potato. Hands down. I swear he looks orange most of the time. He chalks his hue up to working outside all summer long, I say its the sweet potatoes. There are two sides to every story, right? So, when asked what E would like for dinner this week, sweet potatoes made the list. Again, again and again. He’s had them twice already… and its only Friday. Oh boy.
So, to shake things up a little from the good ol’ sweet potato fry recipe I went with something a little different. I decided to bake them. Bake ’em twice actually. The more the better, right. Or is it the more the merrier.. shoot I don’t know. Anyways, these wer
e good, rather superb actually. And simple. Superb and simple. I like that kind of cooking!
Check ’em out. Ow!Ow!
Sweet I know. No pun intended, I swear! But seriously, these would make a delicious appetizer and/or side dish!
- 1 Sweet Potato or Yam
- 2 oz coconut milk (or cream cheese, for those who are dairy tolerant)
- few shakes of red pepper flakes (more on E’s for sure!)
- 1 T maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Slice the sweet potato in half, lengthwise
- Place the sweet potato right side on a greased baking sheet
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- In the meantime, mix together coconut milk or cream cheese, red pepper flakes and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Remove sweet potato from the oven. Let it cool enough for you to handle
- Scoop the inside of the potato out and add to the other ingredients; mix well
- Refill the potato and return to the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Turn the oven to broil and caramelize the top for about 5 minutes
- Dish up and enjoy! I know E certainly did.