They’re calling for a high of 24 degrees today! Wowsa, there has been hotter temperatures thus far, but it still shocks me to see this type of weather in March. E and I’s apartment is sans air conditioning… which I never suspected to be a problem in MARCH! August, yes- it’s ridiculously disgusting, but March. That is just unheard of. Nonetheless, we’ve got the fans blasting and 1000s of pitchers full of ice cold H2O. Nuff said.
So in light of these summer temperatures showing themselves in spring… I present to you my new favourite way to cool down on a hot
summers spring day.
I’ll have one overly large glass of java, blended with coconut milk, sweetened with maple syrup and served over crushed ice. Please & Thank you. Coffee snob anyone?
- 1 shot of espresso (or desired amount of coffee)
- 1/4 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used Vanilla)
- 6-7 cubes of ice
- 1 T sweetner (I used maple syrup ~ maple flavoured coffee is bomb digg!)
- cinnamon or cocoa, for topping
- Make your shot of espresso (I have a little 1 shot espresso maker)
- Put all ingredients in your blender (I used my Vitamix). Add your shot of espresso and blend away!
- Pour into a glass, dust with cinnamon or cocoa and serve!