Yeah, you read that right. I am an official home owner. You have no idea how relieved, excited and scared I am. E and I have bought our own home. It wasn’t easy. Let me tell you. It felt like we were moving mountains, and when we were moving mountains we felt so helpless… addicted to our phones. Our hearts racing every time we heard our phones go off. It was an awful feeling. One I don’t wish on anyone. No time to blog, no time to go grocery shopping, no time for laundry. Ahh brutal. But it turns out is wasn’t all for nothing… in fact it was all for something; something very awesome.
So tonight, not for any reason but the fact that when I did go grocery shopping I got swept up in the $1.50 cauliflower craze and bought far too much, I decided to make a batch of cream of cauliflower soup. No, there’s no actual cream in there… it’s a paleo “cream” of cauliflower and it looks damn delicious. For E, I served it topped with some sharp cheddar and crumbled bacon. Hello divine. Not so divine however, when poured in millions of tupperware and put in the freezer… but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup of coconut milk (lite or regular)
- 4 cups of water or stock
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat EVOO over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
- Sautee the onions over medium heat until soft.
- Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower into small florets.
- Once onions are soft add the cauliflower to the pot and add 1 cup of water.
- Place a lid on the pot and steam the cauliflower until it can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Once cauliflower is soft, add the coconut milk and remainder of the water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool, and puree in batches in your food processor or blender (I used my Vitamix).
- Enjoy it! I did!