Sweet or savory? I definitely prefer a savory dinner, but every now and again it’s nice to mix it up. And Thursday night that’s just what I did. And what I came up with was just peachy keen. No pun intended.
This was a beaut of a dinner. More so for the tongue than the camera. That’s what matters most anyways right?! So you’re probably wondering what the heck is it? It was supposed to be a paleo puffed pancake. And while it is indeed a paleo pancake, it’s definitely lacking the puff departmnet. Physics just didn’t work in my favour here.
But nonetheless it was delish! Filled with fresh peach slices, and sweetened with maple & date syrup. What more could you ask for?!
- 1/2 batch of my coconut pancakes
- 1 peach (or other fruit if desired)
- 1/4 cup of date syrup (blend 20 dates + 1 3/4 water + 1 T. lemon juice; store in the fridge) OR maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat an oven proof pan over medium heat and and add sliced peaches.
- Grill peaches for 1-2 minutes. Add in date syrup and cook until thickened.
- Once thickened, pour in 1/2 batch of coconut pancake mix and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes; until pancake is cooked through.
- Remove from pan and garnish as you please. (I sliced up a banana, added more cinnamon and poured extra date and maple syrup!)