Hola! Things are busy busy around here. The house closing is fast approaching and I’ve got a mile long list of to-dos. What else is new right? I’m happy to report that the DIY chair reupholster project is finally complete. It’s been a long few months, but I’m definitely happy with it! I’ll be writing a post on that shortly!
So, anyways, I was in the mood for a little something different for dinner. So, off I went to my trusty binder of favourite recipes and voila! I stumbled upon a sweet dish that I haven’t made in a while! Orange. Sesame. Pork! And, man did I forget how tasty it was!
Hello Chinese Takeout… only better!
Alike my eating habits, this recipe was tweaked slighty from the last time I made it. The old recipe called for a sh!t tonne of corn starch, no thanks, and egg replacers… Nah, I don’t think so. So without further redo, I would like to introduce you too the new paleofied Orange Sesame Pork!
- 1 pork tenderloin (also tastes great with chicken)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 T soy sauce or coconut aminos
- dash of seas salt & pepper
- 2-3 T coconut flour (or cornstarch)
- Vegetables of your choice (E had cauliflower & carrots)
- 1 t. coconut oil or EVOO
- Chop pork tenderloin & vegetables into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook tenderloin over medium heat until no longer pink inside. Once cooked, transfer to a bowl.
- Place your vegetables in the frying pan, and add 1/4 cup of water. Place a lid on the pan and let them steam for 5-6 minutes, or until tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, mix together maple syrup, soy sauce and orange juice. Set aside.
- Once vegetables are cooked, remove them from the pan.
- Pour the orange juice mix into the heated pan and let it cook down for a minute or so.
- Next, add the pork back in. Add coconut flour by the tablespoon; the sauce will begin to thicken.
- As the sauce thickens, add in the vegetables.
- Coat everything in the sauce, and serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds!
You know you want some!