I’ll save the post about my buns for another day. First, because it’s uninteresting… and second because I CANNOT wait to share with you, the most amazing thing I’ve ever baked. I’m still in shock and aww, that something this good, that tastes so much like it’s gluten laden counterpart… is PALEO!
I’m not even going to bother writing anymore on this post. No blog filler required. The recipe you see below speaks for itself. You must try… like YESTERDAY. If that was possible, I would!
(Yields 6-7 muffins)
For the muffin:
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (I used the carton kind) + 1 t. white vinegar (to create coconut “buttermilk”)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
For the glaze:
- 2 t. cinnamon, heaping
- 2 1/2 T maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry muffin ingredients; blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until all lumps are dissolved.
- Pour batter into your muffin tins (I used my silicone muffin cups) approximately three quarters full.
- Meanwhile, mix your glaze ingredients together.
- Pour the glaze on top of each of your muffins and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! You won’t be able to stop at one. I promise!
Note: When done, the muffins may appear slightly wet, or moist. This is okay, the muffins will continue to cook once removed from the oven and allowed to cool.
Soup, soupity, soup, soup! I was in the mood for some soup on this chilly fall evening. My eyes certainly aren’t thanking me- i have a certain love/hate relationship with onions; however, my inner foodie certainly is happy. Happy as can be.
I just made this tonight, but it was so gosh darn tasty that I HAD to share with you ASAP! It’s simple to make, only requiring a few ingredients!
- 1 T fat (I used coconut cream)
- 2 large onions (I used a mix of yellow & red onions), thinly sliced
- 2 C chicken broth
- 1 t thyme, dried
- couple bay leaves
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, boiled & mashed
- 1/2 C shredded cheddar (Yahhh, I know.. not 100% paleo)
- 1 egg
- In a pot, over medium heat, melt fat.
- Add chopped onions, thyme, bay leaves. Place lid on the pot, leaving it slightly ajar.
- Cook the onions, checking them every 10 minutes or so, until they reduce in size approximately 50%. If they begin to brown, turn down the heat.
- Once the onions are a milky brown colour, add in the chicken broth and simmer on low.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Boil the cauliflower in a pot over the stove. Once easily pierced with a fork, strain and mash.
- With the cauliflower, add the cheese and eggs. Mix ingredients together.
- Remove soup base (onions + chicken broth) from heat and laddle into three oven safe dishes.
- Spoon the cauliflower mix over each bowl of soup and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes (until cheese is bubbly).
- Place oven on broil, and broil soup for 1-3 minutes.
- Serve; but be careful! These babies are HOT! CHAUD!