The last few weeks have been crazy busy around here. E & I hosted our first official house warming party on Saturday night and it was a hit! We had tonnes of family and friends over, had a great barbeque and enjoyed lots of laughs! We cannot wait to host more parties in the future…
That said, the weeks leading up to the party were spent with me running around like a maniac trying to finish and fix up things around the house. Yes, I’ll admit… I am one of those people who wants to have everything as perfect as possible for when company is coming over. We did our best, and not everything got done- but overall I was and am happy!
So today, my first day off in while was spent doing AS-LITTLE-AS-POSSIBLE. It was wonderful. I wasn’t running around trying to meet deadlines or check more off my to-do list that the day gave time for. Instead, I moved at my own pace and got around to little fun projects (and some cooking) that I just haven’t felt like I had time to do in the past.
I did some painting (on canvas, rather than drywall.. haha!) and I made a delicious meal and dessert for E and I. It felt so refreshing… to bad it’s back to the grind tomorrow!
Anyways, enough of my babbling right. You want the nitty gritty on the dark chocolate mocha mousse. It was delish. Like delish with all capital letters! And so, so easy to boot. I mean we all know I wasn’t into anything to strenuous today, right?
So, here it goes:
- 100g dark chocolate (I used a bar of Lindt 85% dark chocolate)
- 2 T coarse sugar (turbano, coconut, etc.)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 50 ml strong instant coffee (I brewed a shot of espresso on my stove top)
- In microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate and coffee and heat until melted.
- Once melted, beat in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Meanwhile, using your mixer (I used my kitchen aid), beat your egg whites until soft peaks form. I beat the whites at speed 4-6 for about 5 minutes)
- Once peaks are formed, add in the sugar and continue to beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Once step four is complete, gently fold in your egg whites into your chocolate mixture in 3 parts. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour into serving dishes and chill in the fridge for at least an hour
- Serve & enjoy!
It was heaven in a bowl, and practically guilt free. Minimal ingredients, maximum taste. I’ll take it… and so should you!
Until next time!