I’ll save the post about my buns for another day. First, because it’s uninteresting… and second because I CANNOT wait to share with you, the most amazing thing I’ve ever baked. I’m still in shock and aww, that something this good, that tastes so much like it’s gluten laden counterpart… is PALEO!
I’m not even going to bother writing anymore on this post. No blog filler required. The recipe you see below speaks for itself. You must try… like YESTERDAY. If that was possible, I would!
(Yields 6-7 muffins)
For the muffin:
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (I used the carton kind) + 1 t. white vinegar (to create coconut “buttermilk”)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
For the glaze:
- 2 t. cinnamon, heaping
- 2 1/2 T maple syrup
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine all dry muffin ingredients; blend well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until all lumps are dissolved.
- Pour batter into your muffin tins (I used my silicone muffin cups) approximately three quarters full.
- Meanwhile, mix your glaze ingredients together.
- Pour the glaze on top of each of your muffins and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Enjoy! You won’t be able to stop at one. I promise!
Note: When done, the muffins may appear slightly wet, or moist. This is okay, the muffins will continue to cook once removed from the oven and allowed to cool.