It’s no secret that I love eggs. No secret at all. In fact, I’d probably describe myself as boarder line obsessed. Good thing I’m paleo right? Anyways, enough about eggs right. Clearly obsessed.
So, in keeping with my love of eggs and my love of easy one pot, dual purpose meals I came up with this bad boy in the kitchen last night. Gawd, I can’t wait to share this with you! Amazing. I have to say, this is one of the best things that has ever graced my mouth. And E’s. Yes, we must include E in this, as he was a big helper in making this dish disappear in 0.4 seconds. No word of a lie.
So, in conclusion… last night was great. A) dinner tasted divine, B) I got to cook in my good ol’ cast iron pan; and C) there are plenty of left overs.
… now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for!
- 1 T EVOO
- 4 sausages, casings removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- 1 C mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 C marinara sauce
- 2 T parsley, dried
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, in an oven proof pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add sausage and cook until it has just browned all over, breaking it apart as it cooks.
- Next, add onion and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the onion and sausage from the pan, mixing it with the eggs, red pepper and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pan, and cook until the eggs are almost set, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer the pan into the oven and let the eggs finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, and turn on the oven’s broil setting.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the frittata, sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese and broil until the cheese has melted. This will only take a couple of minutes.
- Serve immediately, and garnish with Italian spices (or what ever else you’d like)
Hello Marinara and Mozza! Beautiful combination!