I’ve shared this before, and I’ll keep on sharing… I’m addicted to eggs. My recent addiction- plain ol’ hard eggs. But I love em’ scrambled, over easy, hard boiled, in omelette form, & even whites only. Gawd of I love them. Reason number one that the paleo lifestyle and I were meant to be.
Around here, we always have a least 2 dozen eggs stored in the fridge. And lucky for me I work in the food industry, and thus I get to enjoy eggs all day long, every day. Hmm, scrambled eggs are sounding pretty good right about now.
Ahh, I digress.
And so, to continue on my ramble. Due to my love of eggs, I have AT LEAST one dinner a week structured around an egg dish. And this week- it was a delicious frittata. Say hello to the bacon, tomato n’ red & orange pepper frittata of love.
- 6 eggs
- 4 slice of bacon, chopped
- 1 small sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 t. vinegar
- 1 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 t. basil
- Over medium heat, cook bacon to desired crispiness.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease oven safe baking dish (I used the a cute little quiche pan my Nanny gave to me).
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together with vinegar, basil and Italian seasonings.
- Next, add in your chopped vegetables and bacon.
- Pour all ingredients into your baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until your eggs no longer jiggle.