As mentioned before in this post, we are not a strict paleo household, but more of a mix between gluten free and paleo. And so, in attempt to not limit the scope of my blog and really give my readers an idea of what goes down over in my kitchen, I’ve decided to add a gluten free recipe page to the blog. While it’s mostly E enjoying these recipes, they are just too good not to share with the rest of you. And hey! in my opinion making the transition to a gluten free household- for what ever reason- brings you one step closer to the paleo world.
Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins
- 1 C gluten free all purpose flour blend (I use this recipe)
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. sea salt
- slightly less than 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 C chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 1 small apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 C carrots, shredded
- 1 t. cinnamon, ground
- 1 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 305F.
- In a large bowl, mixture together all dry ingredients.
- Stir in carrots, apples, nuts and coconut.
- Add in coconut oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin, or silicone muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes.
- For me, this recipe yield 8 large muffins.