It started like this.
And it ended like this.
Say hello to my friend Roasted Red Pepper and Butternut Squash Soup.
- 1/2 a medium butternut squash, roasted
- 1 medium red pepper, roasted
- 1/2 C – 3/4 C coconut milk
- 1 T Black Peppercorns, ground
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice squash lengthwise, place cut side down in a baking dish & roast for 1 hour (or until tender).
- Meanwhile, slice red pepper in half, remove the seeds and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Then chop in to medium sized pieces.
- Once squash is finished roasting, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the skin of 1 half of the squash and cut into cubes.
- Add cubed squash, red pepper and half of the coconut milk to the blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding the remainder of the coconut milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer soup into a pot, and heat over medium heat until warm enough to serve.
- Garnish with bacon and black peppercorns.
- Serve! And enjoy!
Obviously we did.