So them parsnip fries… well they’ve made it into the oven and into my mouth dozens of times in the past couple of months! Gah! I know. Infact, today I got a nice little surprise from my coworker P… a bag full of parsnips, fresh outta the garden! Obviously I haven’t been quiet about my addiction.
I love me a good order of chicken nuggets and fries, and with a McDonald’s on what seems to be every corner of every street of every neighbourhood it’s sometimes hard to resist. So last Friday I welcomed McDonald’s in to my humble abode. Yah, right. Instead I set out to paleofy the good old happy meal. Results: a very happy Linds.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup almond flour (coarsely ground)
- 1 T paprika
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut chicken breasts into desired size nuggests or strips
- Mix almond flour, paprika and salt and pepper in a bowl
- Coat the chicken with the almond mixture
- Place on a greased baking sheet and pop in the oven
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes
- ENJOY! These are so so good!
Look at those golden beauties. This was truly the dinner of champions. Life is good when you’ve got parsnip fries, homemade ketchup and chicken nuggets! Okay I’m done now. But seriously try them!